Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Well, They Meant It This Time...

After last week's tease of a snowstorm with no flakes in sight, we were all understandably skeptical about today's snowstorm.  I am no longer skeptical, as there are now piles of snow on the ground, and it seems to keep coming.  The kids had a lovely time playing outside with The Professor (and I had a lovely time staying warm inside - thanks Professor!) as everyone had a snow day today.  I took the picture while standing on a rather wobbly stool and leaning out my fourth floor window - would've served me right if I'd catapulted myself to the ground, but luckily I stayed indoors and in one piece...

Tobie went outside for a little while, but as he doesn't have much body fat or fur, he got cold and had to return.  He spent the rest of the day in his usual sleeping spot. 

A bit different, but then he does seem to move to his own drummer...

2 comments:

The Professor said...

Two lengthy snowball fights today and the kids learned two things:

1) When Dad is honestly trying to keep the snowballs he throws below the shoulders, ducking means you might catch one in the mush.

2) Hit Dad with a snowball in the "gentlemen" and it is on like Donkey Kong.

grmybmy said...

Grandpa sleeps with his hat on his face, maybe a couch on your head is the same...