Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cute as a Bug

I've taken a break from subbing, because I decided that the whole waiting for an early morning call and then babysitting a classroom full of somebody else's kids for the day for less than what a babsysitter actually gets paid was taking a toll on me.   So, with The Professor's urging, I blocked out two weeks and told the system not to call.  Easy peasy, right?

Apparently not, because the phone rang early this morning when it was still dark (I had it in my had that it was 5:63....) and mechanically asked me if I wanted a job.  When I checked the computer, today was still blocked out as a non-work day, so I have no idea what was going on.  I must be so irresistible that the computer missed me....

I did bust out some cute stamps I got at Michael's - they have a new line (I think it's their own) called Recollections, and the stamps are both cute and cheap - thus meeting some of my more important purchasing criteria (of course, I also use my 40% off coupon, making them a whole lot cheaper....).  Round these parts, people throw ginormous birthday parties for their children, involving inviting anyone their child has ever said hello to, so my kids go to a lot of birthday parties.  I thought some little cards to stick on the packages would be good, so I put together these 4X4 cards, and I think they'll do the trick.


Now to make some envelopes....

2 comments:

The Professor said...

Yes, 5:63 AM came early this morning. However, the early morning phone call might not hurt so much if I didn't stay up until 13 o'clock.

grmybmy said...

Skip the envelopes--just tape them to the gifts as is! They're very sweet.