Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday, Monday...

Monday is here once again, but as it's a day off, I'm all confused and keep thinking it's Saturday.  (This tendency to confuse dates is endlessly amusing to The Professor...).  The kids have been at their grandparents' for the weekend, and I have enjoyed not having to make a meal (well, I did make Valentine's breakfast for The Professor) or snack for anyone.  You know the bar has been set quite low when that's all I need to make me happy! 

Several years ago I had to have a test on my thyroid where I swallowed some sort of radioactive pill (you know it's going to be a good time when they bring your medicine in to you in a metal box with a radioactive symbol on the outside) and they scanned me.  I couldn't be around the kids for 24 hours, so I had to stay in my room surrounded by books and DVD's and quiet while The Professor brought me my meals on a tray.  (He also made a fall-out shelter sign for my door, but I digress).

A day of bliss, although I found it impossible to explain this properly to the childless.  My friends with children nodded their heads, and looked at me with envy.  I knew they wanted radioactive pills too, but they were all for me....

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Oooo...thyroid problems run in my family...suddenly I can't wait for my own radioactive pill.