Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Miss Serious!

Seven years ago today I gave birth to this lovely little girl:


Well, maybe not so little, but definitely in the little category. I couldn't believe they were going to let me walk out of the hospital with this tiny little person about whom I knew almost nothing.

I remember watching her sleep (the first day she actually did sleep - after that things went downhill a bit) and wondering if she was breathing; I spent an inordinate amount of time in her first few months wondering if she was breathing. After an adjustment period, involving miles of carrying a crying baby, we figured each other out a bit, and enjoyed the learning process.

Now she has become a beautiful, intelligent, sensitive, caring young lady, and I am in wonder at how fast the time has passed. I marvel daily at her insight and humor, and feel incredibly privileged to be her mom.

Happy Birthday, Miss Serious. We love you with all our hearts.

No comments: