Monday, August 25, 2008

Sickness Does Have Its Rewards

Since I've been pretty much sitting on the couch and coughing the last couple of weeks, I managed to finish this. It's Clapotis from Knitty, and this is the third one for me. I don't usually like to repeat patterns, but this one is a fun knit - easy to remember, and for some reason it's exciting to be able to drop down all those stitches. I think this means I need a little more actual excitement in my life, but you take what you can get.

It's made out of Brooks Farms Four Play, 50% silk/50% merino. This is a fabulous yarn; the colors are stunning, it's lovely to knit with, and the final product is soft with a beautiful drape. I got this at Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool, and will probably go back for more this year.

This particular one is going to my mother for Christmas, but I think I'll give it to her early so she can enjoy it all fall. Merry (early) Christmas, Mom!

4 comments:

DeltaDawn said...

Mmmmm - silk & merino - one of my fave combos. I've knit 3 Calpotis myself - and I'm sure I'll make more, since it's just so darned adaptable, wearable, fun (dropping stitches on PURPOSE??) and versatile!

Lovely!

Bezzie said...

Mmm..that's pretty. But four play for your mom? Mine would have a randy comment about that ;-). Hee hee!

grmybmy said...

WooHoo! Lucky me--and my color too! (Bet you knew that...)Grmybmy

Zonda said...

Very pretty! Lovely colorway! How many skeins did it take? I have some in the stash that would be perfect.