Friday, September 4, 2009

Introducing the Newest Member of the Family....

Baby Blue (BB for short)! Now that I will be gainfully employed (at least for a while....), we needed to get a second car. We have been a one car family for 8 1/2 years now, and while it has required some planning and creative thinking, it has worked out well. It's saved us buckets of money, and helped us keep our carbon footprint lower. Alas, while the new job is only 7 miles away, they're highway miles, so it's not a feasible bike ride. So, after lots of research and angst, I finally decided on a car - a Honda Fit. It gets great gas mileage, and for the first time I was able to actually choose a color I wanted!! It's going to be my car, so even though it's a little girly, The Professor was all for it. It's also fun to drive, and small enough to park. We were looking at hybrids, but the cost difference was just too painful, and we'd have to drive to Guam (often) to make it up in what we pay for gas.

We have on-street parking, and when I brought it home last night I parked about eleventy miles away, which allowed me to keep my car away from others, and also to avoid parallel parking (haven't quite got a handle on where the front and back end, but I'll get there...maybe).

3 comments:

The Professor said...

Welcome to the family, BB. Thanks for making MN so happy!

Bezzie said...

Congrats!

Hybrids are only really good for long-highway distance commuting. I've heard they're just as guzzley as a normal car when it's stop and go traffic. (which is all I drive in anymore--sigh!)

grmybmy said...

Oooo! Very good looking! Best of luck with it.