Monday, December 8, 2008

Done, Done, Done, Done!

YAY! It's done! This is Big Trouble's Christmas stocking that I began cross stitching when he was a baby (mind you, he's 6 now....). But then I learned to knit, and all the cross stitching got tucked away. I've made stockings for Miss Serious and The Professor, and last Christmas Big Trouble finally realized that he was the only one (well, besides me) that didn't have a personalized, hand-stitched stocking. So, I dug out the partially finished stocking, and this summer really began working on it in earnest, as I knew he would be looking for it this year, and I would feel enormous waves of Mommy guilt.

He faithfully followed my progress, and was always so happy when any new section got completed. I finished the embroidery a week or two ago, and rounded up the material to actually make the thing into a stocking. Last week I cut out the satin, velvet, and braid, narrowly avoiding the puddle of glitter glue that Miss Serious was working on at the table, got out my sewing machine, sat down to sew and.....had no maroon thread. Luckily my mother is an avid sewer and has just about every color thread known to man, so she brought me a spool yesterday, and today the stocking is finally a stocking! Hope you like it Big Trouble, and thanks for being so patient.

3 comments:

Bezzie said...

I bow down to your mad cross stitching skills! Six years or not, that's still waaaay more patience than I have!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work, MN! BT really appreciates it (and he's proud you made it for him).

Anonymous said...

A bit late on the bandwagon, I know... I've been bad with blogs lately. And email. And getting up before noon. But I digress.

I love this stocking. I also used to cross-stitch and embroider, and stopped sometime before the knitting took over. Happily, I had no made-for-one-and-not-the-other cross stitch projects, so I may never turn back. But I can admire from afar...