Tuesday, January 4, 2011

But It's Sooooo Dark....

One would have thought the first day back would have been the hardest.  One would have been wrong.  When my alarm clock went off at 5:00 am yesterday, it was sort of novel.  Today, however, the crushing realization occurred that this was NOT a novelty, this was the way things are.  And it is very dark at 5:00 in the morning, my friends.  And cold.  And did I mention dark?

Luckily I love my job, and my room is toasty warm.  Very toasty - apparently my heater is malfunctioning, so my room was 82.2 degrees when I walked in yesterday.  Rather tropical. Unfortunately I was not sporting beachware, but instead a turtleneck cashmere sweater.  And every fifth grader that entered my room (and there were 96 of them) felt the need to ask, "Wow, do you know how hot it is in here?"  Because, you know, it's not like I've actually been in that room all day.

At least now I do know that I am definitely smarter than a fifth grader.

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Haha! Love it!
My office is about the same temperature for some weird reason too. Ups my crabby level by 10%.