Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Saved by the L

Well, we're finally back in the land of DSL.  About 3 weeks ago our internet service starting getting a little wonky, and only working sporadically.  So, since I'm home these days, I dutifully got on the phone with our provider, who told me it was the power cord, and they would send me out another one, which would arrive in 3-5 business days. 

And in the meantime?  Oh yes, I was cheerfully told, you can go back to your dial-up connection.  Ahhh, the old days.  So, since everything takes about eleven times as long to work with the dial-up (and my cheapie self doesn't want to pay by the minute for the phone connection it requires), I have been skipping the internet for a while.  Luckily, the cord came in the mail yesterday, and we are back in business.

Luckily, not too much has been happening around Chez Necessity, but the other day Big Trouble was making Lego creations and bringing them out of his room to show them to us.  They were all combinations of 2 different things put together, and he created a name for them accordingly (i.e. he made a dird (dragon + bird), and trog (truck + dog)). 

Finally, he came out of his room with his last creation, and announced that it was a combination of a flower and a duck. 

He called it a "Fluck" and saved me from what would have been a wildly inappropriate fit of the giggles.

2 comments:

Bezzie said...

Sometimes those internet companies could give a fying fluck about their customers--sounds like you got a good one.

Fluck, fluck, fluck. I'm going to have to use that!

Sue said...

heeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeee