Thursday, February 21, 2008

Score!

I got a note in the mail a few weeks back that a wonderful yarn store (Woolworks in Pelham, NY) would be closing its doors. Sad for them, but the resulting yarn sale is definitely a benefit to those of us with limited funds and unlimited yarn desire. They have all their yarn on sale at least 25%, and there are quite a few things that are 50% off.

I was planning on going on the first day of the sale, but as we were all home with the previously mentioned plague, I had to wait a few days. They have lots of stock, and the ladies who own the store are wonderfully helpful and full of good humor. I purchased these:


That's Bearfoot Mountain Colors on the left and Koigu KPPM on the right. I love sock yarn, partly because I like knitting socks, but also because for a cheap frugal and indecisive person like myself, it's easy to buy. I know exactly how much I need to make a pair of socks, and I don't experience the sticker shock of buying the amount of yarn needed for a sweater.

Of course, I couldn't leave it at that, and went back several days later and got:


The left is Berocco Ultra Alpaca, and the right is more Bearfoot Mountain Colors. I got enough of the green to make a sweater (at 25% off I could take the plunge) and am now hunting for just the right pattern. If you are in the area, it's definitely worth the trip.

1 comment:

Jolynn said...

Yummy! Looks like a lot of nice yarn!

^_^