Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summertime...

And it's true - the livin' is easy! The rain finally decided to give it a rest, so we got some lovely summer weather. Spring was such a bust that I am not in summer mode yet, but I realized that I better get myself there quick, as the kids are done with school and looking for something to do. Monday we actually put on suits and went to the local beach, and today we hit the free movies. Living in an affluent area but not being possessed of an affluent income, one must hunt for cheap entertainment; luckily The Professor and I have gotten quite good at it. My favorite is free, but I'll go for cheap, also. Camp for the kids is real big around here, and we are one of the few families that forgo the whole camp thing. As we're both home, it seems a little silly to send the kids off while paying dearly for the privilege, so we get to hang out as a family, and have a good time doing it.

One of the nice things about living in such a spiffy area is that there are lots of really great things to do. There are several nature conservancies (free) within about 10 miles, there are really nice parks on every other corner (free), and the library hosts excellent summer reading programs (can you say free?). While The Professor took the kids to their program this afternoon, I made these:

2 comments:

Bezzie said...

Yup. Summer reading program starts next week at the library!
I never understood "camp" either. I mean if both Dr. MS and I were working technically the program I think we'd send Chunky to would be considered "camp" but I think of it more as daycare for older kids.
And why would you send your kid to daycare if you were at home???

grmybmy said...

You're lovin' that corner cutter...and I see the baloon has appeared! GB