Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Big Trouble!

Six years ago today, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. He was a sweet, exceptionally cuddly child (still will snuggle any chance he gets), and it's amazing to me how fast the time flies. He's now a kindergartner, and was really looking forward to his birthday this year. He started asking me weeks ago how many days until the big day, and now it's here. He brought his birthday bag to school (they share special things about themselves) as well as low-fat muffins (they no longer want frosted cupcakes for birthdays; I understand the reasoning, but it still makes me sad) for special snack. Even though I use the name Big Trouble for him (he started this when he was about 3, using the phrase "Here comes Big Trouble!") he is a lovely, sweet-tempered, joyful child with a wonderful sense of humor and fun. I am so proud of the boy he has become, and am always proud to be his mom.

Happy Birthday Big Trouble! We all love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Big Trouble! Mommy and I are super proud that you are our son. I can't wait for your special birthday dinner tonight! Hope you like the "Narnia Boomer," the Magic 8 Ball, and the animal book. All my love, Daddy (The Professor)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, indeed! It's a big deal, being closer to 10 than 0...

...and I've been able to sneak around the low-fat snacks rule by sending in Rice Krispie treats. Which just fits "birthday" so much better, somehow, in my world.

Sue said...

Happy Birthday, Big Trouble! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bezzie said...

Ooo...don't think about how close he is to 10!!

What a cutie. I dig this age, they still hug and kiss you and aren't embarrassed to hang with mom ;-)

Happy birthday BT!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Grandpa and I are proud that you are our grandson. You are a sweetheart and we love you.
We were glad we could be with you at your party.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa